11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee.
12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"
14 When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him - and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?" 19 Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."
I feel that many times, I am part of the other nine. I receive so many blessings, daily. But I many times I forget to thank and praise God for them. It's the worst when I ask for something specific through prayer and God graciously provides for my request. But as I celebrate, the thought of thanking God enters my mind wayyy too late. Sometimes, that thought doesn't enter my mind at all. That shows just how little faith I have. I lift prayer requests up to Him, but sometimes I don't fully trust that He will provide for them. It's like I don't fully believe in His power. Thankfully, I have recently been able to trust Him more deeply and not rely so much on my own abilities. This is being done through persistent prayer as I ask for true faith. I can feel the Holy Spirit continuing to mold my attitude and mindset in a way that makes me realize that every blessing comes from God alone. Consequently, I find myself giving thanks to the Lord much more often.

No comments:
Post a Comment