One word stood out throughout today's reading: hypocrite. I could clearly see how much Jesus hated the hypocritical pharisees. He says in Matthew 23: 27-28 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Jesus hated the pharisees because they didn't practice what they preached. All the things that they did was for show. They loved the glory and respect that they received, never lifting that glory up to God. I have to be careful not to follow in the footsteps of the pharisees. May I never delight in personal glory or self-righteousness. All glory belongs to God, and only God.
Matthew 24: 44
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
BE READY!

No comments:
Post a Comment