Thursday, January 15, 2009

Matthew 4: 3-4

3 And the tempter came and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread." 
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.' "

As I started reading Matthew again, these verses jumped out at me.  Too many times I have failed to nourish myself with the Word which is everlasting.  I've become comfortable with the fact that I can go about my daily activities on physical food and strength alone.  All the while, my soul has been starving.  Just as my physical body needs food, my spiritual body needs God's Word.  Reading and meditating on the Word is not optional.  It is necessary to live.  Even Jesus, who had the power to turn stones into bread, didn't rely on that power but instead on the Father and His words.  We must feed ourselves daily with the food that gives everlasting life.

I've decided to start this blog in order to keep myself accountable with my daily nourishment and to possibly provide a source of encouragement and refreshment for those that happen to read this blog.  If you taste delicious food, don't you want to share that experience with the rest of the world?  I'll be posting verses or passages that stick out to me as I read.  Hulk, keep me accountable, yeah?  I've actually been really encouraged reading your posts, and so it's thanks to you I started my own :P.  Everyone else, keep me accountable too!  If I'm not posting on this regularly, I may be starving!

1 comment:

  1. Haha yea for sure man. I'll be reading it daily, don't want you to go hungry!

    ReplyDelete