18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, "I WILL DESTROY THE WISDOM OF THE WISE, AND THE CLEVERNESS OF THE CLEVER I WILL SET ASIDE."
20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
1 Corinthians 1: 25
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I like to think that I have decent judgment - that I can make the right decisions, foresee consequences, cater correctly to any given situation. But how foolish it would be to think that I am "wise." It's so very true that God's foolishness is wiser than men and that His weakness is stronger than men. We, as humans, can never attain the wisdom of God. We can never even begin to comprehend it. God's wisdom is a "mystery" - "the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory." But many times I want to be the one in control of my life, especially my future. I like to think that I have everything planned out - from grad school to career to marriage. But who knows if my plan aligns with God's plan? My life is not mine to plan. It's His. His wisdom far exceeds every man's wisdom combined. Knowing this, the next logical step would be to put all my faith in Him - to trust Him with everything I have. But as we all know, it's not that easy. My sinful nature prevents me from doing so. Only prayer and help from the Holy Spirit will allow me to gain that faith. From the start of this school year, it has been my continual prayer to have that genuine faith and to trust in God's plan for me. Even as I type this, I still carry doubts about my future, though not as many as before. I need to put God as my true leader, not myself.

word.
ReplyDeleteyou're a lot farther in accomplishing that than you think bro ;]