Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To Be Without Regret

Acts 20: 26-27

26 "Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.
27 "For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God.

Paul is speaking to the church of Ephesus as he leaves.  Paul isn't being self-righteous as he says: "I am innocent of the blood of all men."  He is stating the truth.  Paul basically gave his whole life to spreading the gospel and to proclaiming the kingdom of God.  What a humbling thought.  Because he gave his all to declaring the gospel, Paul was able to say with full confidence that he wasn't responsible for the blood of any man.  Will I be able to say that before I die?  Will I have lived my life without regret, giving my all to proclaiming the goodness of Christ?  I definitely don't want to leave this life with thoughts like: "I wish I had reached out more to my unbelieving friends," "I wish I had been more confident in declaring Christ's lordship to my dad," "I wish I had given more to the homeless, both materially and spiritually," etc.  I have to live my life without shrinking from proclaiming God's glory in any situation.  As I die, I want to be able to say what Paul said.

No comments:

Post a Comment